Nightsolo's Fallout Encounters
Whilst traversing the wasteland that is Southern California (pun intended), you'll randomly be stopped for a random reason. Some of these encounters are good, others are bad.
These are the bad things that can happen to you. They range from annoying to deadly. They can, however, be useful for leveling up.
- Random Critters: Rats, Deathclaws, Manti, Radscorpions, what-have-you attack you or each other.
- Raiders or Thugs attack you.
- Raiders or Thugs attack peasants or each other.
- Dehydration: nothing you can do about being stopped, but if you have a water flask, you won't lose HP.
- Rough Terrain: happens in the mountains.
- Nausea: you're radiated, use some Rad-X.
- Town Guards will stop you when you're near a town. You can kill them if you don't mind a loss of Karma.
- Carvans: you barter with the Caravan Master, but they don't usually have anything interesting.
- Dead Traveller. Loot the corpse. You may have to dispose of the critters that killed him or her first.
- Caravan Guard who's caravan was eaten by a Deathclaw. He'll give you his stuff, though.
- Fisherman and his son: happens near the coast. Won't talk to you if you have a weapon drawn.
These are definitely good for you. Some have good items or rewards, others just show the sense of humor of the Fallout staffers. You need high Luck to find most of these. Can you find them all?
- Talking Cows. Possibly a reference to Mad Cow Disease? Still funny to see talking Brahmin.
- UK Police Box. As you approach, it dissappear and is replaced by a Motion Sensor. Reference to the TV show "Dr. Who."
- Bob's Used Cars: Inside the shack is a crate with a Red Ryder BB Gun, a Red Ryder LE BB Gun, and 100 BBs. Reference to the movie "A Christmas Story." You'll poke your eye out!
- Footprint. The corpse has a Stealth Boy. The guy must have been invisible when Godzilla stepped on him
- Overturned Truck. One of the crates has a lot of money in it.
- Aliens. Loot one of the corpses for the Alien Blaster and a Painting.
- Patrick the Celt. Found in the mountains, get him to sing you a song in Gaelic, and your Charaisma will increase by 1.
last modified 13 August 2007