Nightsolo's Fallout Guide Introduction
The use of game-editing programs has unpredictable effects. If you use one of these programs, the information in this guide is null and void.
This guide is not 100% complete, and probably never will be. No matter how many times I go through this guide, I'll always miss something. If you find any errors please let me know (see How to Contact Me, below).
Also, most of the stuff mentioned in this guide is copyright Interplay, Black Isle, or somebody else.
Stuff to Know
I assume you've read the manual (available on the game CD) and have some idea how to play, how the interface works, etc. The manual also contains descriptions for Traits, Perks, and Skills, so I won't go into those in this guide.
Even though this guide provides all the solutions to puzzles and such, you still need to perform all the actions for the solution to work. The game won't give you something unless it recognizes that you've performed the prerequisites for it.
I occasionally get confused when talking about directions. Up, down, left, and right are usually towards that side of the screen. North, South, East, and West are usually map directions, but can correspond to screen directions as well.
I use several abbreviations in this guide. Here are some:
Certain things are highlighted in color:
- EXP - EXperience Points
- AP - Action Points
- HP - Hit Points
- FMV - Full Motion Video
- NPC - Non Player Character (your party member)
- Items are listed in bold.
- Quest Items are listed in red.
- Locations are listed in green.
- Skills are listed in yellow.
Key to the maps:
- - An important person, an arrow points from a name
- - A computer you can interact with
- - A lootable container, such as shelves, lockers, pots, etc
- - Exit grid to an area within a city
- - Exit grid to the World Map
- - A door that is locked
- - A door that is either open or not locked
How to Contact Me
Email me: email@example.com
Use this form: http://www.nightsolo.net/contact/
Stuff I Do/Don't Need to Know
I need the following information:
I DO NOT need the following:
- Any items, weapons, encounters, inside jokes that I've missed.
- Any tips or secrets not already in here.
- Any typos.
- Comments. Questions. Rude remarks.
- Tips that are already in here.
The author has no relation to Interplay or Black Isle.
This walkthrough can be distributed however you like as long as you don't claim credit for it.
Ver. 1.0: released 7 August 2007.
Ver. 1.1: released 13 August 2007. Minor fixes to walkthrough, items, encounters, major update to enemies.
Ver. 1.2: released 10 October 2017. Minor fixes to long walkthrough.