Hints, Tips, and Cheats
Hints & Tips
- The in-game map can be very useful. It shows your position, and will help in seeing paths that open or close after hitting switches.
- Don't cheat. It takes all the fun out of the game.
- Despite the game's age, you can safely ALT + TAB in and out of the game. That way you can play and have this guide open at the same time!
- The patch corrects a lot of bugs, and adds a few features, which this guide will make reference to. Good luck finding it online these days. I bought the game recently from a bargain bin, bundled with another game, and it was already patched.
- Undead are easily killed with items that normally heal you.
- Don't use Vampyre on the undead, as you'll end up taking damage instead of the enemy.
- Grubb and Led have a Repair Skill. Use it to heal friendly robots like Runner or Lobo. You can also use it to inflict extra damage on enemy robots
- Runner and Lobo, being robotic, don't get the full effect of normal healing items. Use Grubb's or Led's Repair Skill for a better effect.
- Runner and Lobo, being robotic, don't take Poison damage.
- Fate Cards, like other attacks, are more effective with a more full endurance bar.
- When using an item in battle, like a healing item, it makes no difference how full the endurance bar is. So if you're in a hurry, you can use an item at the first level.
- There is no in-game journal or quest log to keep track of where you are or what you're supposed to do next, so use descriptive names for your save games. Like "Next stop: Southfarm." Or "Need Core Lens." Or maybe sticky notes in the real world. Whatever works for you.
There are a couple of cheat codes in Septerra Core. To enable them, press F12 and type the following into the command window: IMAREALWEENIE then hit ENTER.
The following cheats are now enabled. You can type them in the same way as the enable code. Just hit F12, type the code, then hit ENTER.
ENEMIES - Shows enemies' HP.
SIGHT - Shows the line of sight of the enemies. When you walk in their line of sight, they'll see you, and a battle starts.
SPY - Shows Debug information. Useless, but fun to try out.
MAKETHEMSTOPMOMMIE - Toggles enemy AI. This makes them stop attacking you.
HIDETEXT - Hides the subtitles.
FPS - Shows the Frame rates Per Second in the lower left corner of the screen.
MAPMAKER - Creates a file of the map you are currently on, in BMP format. Some maps are HUGE files. See my interactive maps and you can look at them all.
This one is a key combo, not something you need to put into the command window.
CTRL + F3 - Kills all enemies you are facing in a battle. Only useable in a battle.
last modified 21 August 2006