Nightsolo's The Witcher Downloads & Hints
Buy the Enhanced Editon from either:
Files I'm mirroring:
Mods I recommend:
Rise of the White Wolf (some of the below won't work with this)
Bigger Fonts for Rise of the White Wolf
Kaer Morhen HD textures
24% Faster Movement Mod
ACT V Storage
Dandelion lore blond hair
Fair Kalkstein Mod
One round + lower AI mod for Dice Poker
Shani alternate outfit
Celina Wreath fix
Only if you need them:
Raymond Ambush Quest Fix
Suspect: Kalkstein and Suspect:Leuvaarden Fix
BugFix for the Vizima Confidential Problem
Kidnappers' Door Bugfix
No Cemetery Drowners in Chapter V
Radovid Door Fix
Gambling Ghost Bugfix
- I'll only mention this once: Save often.
- Quick Save before every conversation. It'd suck to screw one up only to have to reload from a slot you saved an hour or more ago.
- A quick save goes in a new slot just the same as using the Save Menu.
- You may want to clear out your save game folder on occasion. For example, after Chapter I, I typically have 100 save files. I'm not going back, so I might as well delete them at the start of Chapter II.
- Save your final save game. You can import it into The Witcher 2, and your choices will affect many of the side-quests, and some other subtle options. Keep old final saves in sepearte folders with descriptive names, and possibly a readme.txt describing your choices in that playthrough.
- Use your Signs and Potions often. They make combat easier, especially on the higher difficulty levels.
- Pausing before drinking in the middle of a battle will help you to take less damage.
- Enemies level up at the same rate as you do, so the game is consistently challenging. This also means you need to keep your gear upgraded.
- Enemeis respawn, so you can grind out a few levels every now and again if you like.
- Money (Orens) is scarce in this game, so loot everything and sell it to vendors.
- Different vendors buy and sell different things, so be sure look around for different types of vendors to sell stuff to.
- There are a limited number of weapons you can carry at once. One will even fill your Trophy slot, so be sure to keep that empty when engaging a Beast.
- Read the manual.
- Due to the complexity of combat, I recommend against taking long breaks from the game. It can take a while to get used to switching stances and swords.
- Thanks to an annonomous user on nexusmods: If you don't like Toxicity in the game, which causes those red dots all over the screen, use the save editor to change Toxicity to -999999. Every time you use a potion, it'll still add a few points, but that's probably enough that it'll never go positive.
- Many NPCs will ask you to come back in a day. All you really need to do is leave their building and reenter. Or if they're outside, go in a nearby building and go back outside to them.
- If you install the Rise of the White Wolf mod, and some other mod you have isn't working, take all of its files from the RotWW and put them in a single folder, then take the other mod's files and overwrite the ones in the RotWW folder.
- Read the books before you play the game. The game takes place 5 years after the books, and they give some great background for the games. There are many times where you'll recognize characters and history, where you'd be lost otherwise.
last modified 22 July 2017