Optional Side Quests
These are available after Part VI-Shell 6:
- On Shell 2: to the west of Grubb's Workshop there is an island with a place marked ???. Enter the area by landing the ship on it. There is a ghost of a boy in this area, and if you approach him in the wrong way, he will run into the nearby well. Here is how to approach him in so he doesn't commit suicide. I recommend saving as soon as you enter the area so you can reload and quickly try again. Follow the fence until you get a dialog scene where the boy sees Maya, Maya says "...", and the boy runs off. Carefully walk your way around the fence to the east. Hug that side until you come to the south corner, and then run up between the benches and the well. Maya will stop the boy, and he'll give you a Holywater. This protects against water-based attacks.
- On Shell 1: double-click on the Lake west of the Chosen Capitol and your ship will land. It's not even marked with the familiar "???". In this small area are only two Black Wolves for enemies. In the barrel to the northeast, near the building, is a Luck Charm. Only Maya can equip this, and it adds to the amount of gold gained after a battle.
- On Shell 2: visit Oasis. Put Led and Grubb in your party, and go into the Junkheap. Speak to the Warbots and you will battle them. A couple of Repair attacks should add them to the scrap piles. After the battle, Check the map for an exit that's
not normally visible. You should be able to find it with the automap. Grab the Disrupt from the broken ship in the new area. It protects against Sonic Based damage better than earplugs. Also grab the Grappling Hook and the Pipefrom the junk pile just before the exit on the upper level.
- On Shell 2: put Selina in your party, then go to Outlaw Canyon. Check the automap. To the east is a small room that you haven't been able to get into yet. Check closely to find a door. Selena can open it. Inside are three Bounty Hunters. Fight them, and after the battle, Maya will open the Box and find two items. The Lockpurse will fully protect against enemies stealing your gold.
Take the The Armstrong Seal to Shell 3. Put Corgan and Selena in your party. Armstrong is still overrun with undead. Walk to the graveyard. Fight the Undead boss there. This Brown Draxx can summon a group of 4 zombies. If you let him summon the zombies first, you get more experience. After the battle, place the Armstrong Seal back in the Shrine. Corgan will begin to respect Selena, and they'll stop attacking each other during battles.
- On Shell 5: put both Grubb and Led in your party. Go to Ankara Capitol. Together they can open the door on to the Command Center. Once inside, Maya will leave and check for any survivors. Led gets attacked by a group of Pirates. Grubb must choose if he wants to grab the gadget he's looknig at, or help Led. Choose to help Led. When you do so, Grubb and Led will be able to perform some cool lightning-combos when they are together in battle. Try it out during this battle. The gadget, if you were curious, is a ForceBlitzer, a Core Engine that isn't that great.
- On Shell 5: Enter the ??? area on the small island to the southwest. The Barrel at the end holds a MindBarrier, which fully protects from the Berserk Status.
- On Shell 3: Put Corgan and Led in your party. Go to Southfarm. Defeat the Chosen Soldiers at the entrance. In the shop with the iron grate, go down and into Wind City (only possible with Corgan in your party) and check out the library. Fix the Globe of Septerra with Led, and Abbot will reward you with a Soul Stone.
- On shell 6: Head a bit south from the Mountain Pirate Base. Double-click on
the Forest that only the ship get to, and you will land. In this area is a
box that holds a Touchstone, which increases the amount of experience the party gets after a battle. Only Maya can equip it.
- On Shell 4: Fly just west from the World Bazaar, and search for a hidden area. The ship will automatically land when you've found it. Press on one of the lights on the walls that shines brighter than the others. Do this a couple of times if necessary, then open the box for the EndikuBell, which adds bonus damage to spells.
- On Shell 4: There is one more hidden area on an island to the north of the World Bazaar. Fight some really strong enemies, then open the box to receive the Restore Ring, which protects against all negative status effects.
- On Shell 3: go to the forest to the east, marked with ???. There are five stones lying around a tree to the south. Inspect each stone, starting with the west-most one and proceeding counter-clockwise to enter a battle. After every battle you get a cool item: 2 Soul Stones, a Quick Gem, an EarthPrism, and a Spirit Guard. The last item protects against all elemental attacks.
This one is available after Part VII-Shell 1:
- On Shell 6: Put Selina in your party. Go to the Barter Mall in Scumm Town. The shops are all deserted, and you can grab a CoreSeed, a Witchpower, a Titan, an Air Guard, a SeraphimArmr and Bootgreaves. You can talk to the woman outside with Selina, and she'll give you a Kyra's Tear.
This is one available after Part VIII-The Core:
- On Shell 3: Near the Helgakport is a lake labeled as ???. Inside the area are two Kahlicrabs. When you've defeated them you receive a Kahlishell and an AquaGuard.
This one is available after Part XII- Secret Weapon:
On Shell 1: The raised Slums from Shell 4 has become a ??? area here.
At the end of a short path are three dead Bounty Hunters on the ground. Search them for a Soul Stone, Slash Knifes and StickyFingers.
The Special Birds
I included the locations of all the special birds in the walkthrough, but here they are in case you missed any of them:
One you've fed all the special birds, and you have no more Bird Seed remaining, go to Shell 3 and enter the tower in the northeast, marked ???. Check the door, and the 10 special birds will open it for you. Inside there are three rooms, one on each level. In each room is a box, where you'll find a Heavensplate for
humans, a Tiamatskin for Underlost(Badu), an Ironplate for Robots, the Orion Blades for Badu, the Glamdink for Led, the Gilgamesh, a sword for Corgan or Selina, and the Bahamut for Maya.
- Shell 3: Mourn Graveyard
- Shell 5: Gregor
- Shell 5: Mesa Canyon
- Shell 4: Bounty Hunters District
- Shell 7: Dark Lake
- Shell 6: Pranno
- Shell 6: East Marsh
- Shell 6: Chosen Ruins
- Shell 4: Fire Temple
- Shell 2: Outlaw Canyon
last modified 7 August 2006